Layaway Instructions,Terms, and Conditions
**** CLICK BELOW TO GO TO "LAYAWAY" PRODUCTS YOU CAN PLACE IN CART TO GET STARTED:
Do you want a knife and need to do layaway? Its a fairly simple process outlined here. Just purchase one of our layaway amounts to hold a knife, and make payments. Simply purchase one of our layaway products. The layaway product amount for a down payment depends on the cost of the knife. The instructions are outlined below. Call me with any questions...there is no interest, and 120 days to pay.
**THERE IS AN EXAMPLE SHOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE**
1) Pick your item for layaway and note the sku and price- the example below is a Microtech 238-1 OD at $333.00. Important- Do not place the item in the cart. Go to step number 2.
2) Click on the Layaway Banner on the main website home page to open up details on our layaway program. See screenshot below:
3) On the instruction page you will click the link under "Layaway Instructions, Terms, and Conditions" to take you to our "layaway products". You can search for these things directly as well but this will get you there directly.
4) Choose the appropriate "layaway product" that matches the amount of the item you want on layaway. The screenshot below shows all of the available choices. Note- The $1 and $5 "layaway products" are for paying odd amounts and all of these items can be combined and added to cart in multiples to tailor any exact dollar amount. You will use these same items for follow up payments.
5) For our example (238-1 OD at $333) we will select and click on the $75 "layaway product" shown below.
6) Add the appropriate "layaway product" in your cart. For our example we are adding the $75 one to our cart.
7) Once added to the cart your checkout will look like below (or similar depending whether you are on a desktop, phone, etc). There is a section shown in the screenshot below where you will note the item you want to place on layaway ( for our example Sku: 328-1 OD). Depending on the brand/item you may not have an exact sku and may need to add more details in that box before checkout to correctly and specifically note what you want.
8) Checkout. This initial checkout is your down payment and deposit. There are no fees for this service. However this initial checkout is your deposit and is nonrefundable.
You will receive an order number at checkout. When the order is completed by you, we remove this item from our online inventory as soon as possible (I do sleep...some). You will receive a follow up email from me personally and your item will be physically pulled and held aside for you. You will need to follow up monthly with payments and you have 120 days from initial checkout to pay off...BUT again, monthly payments are required. There are no reminders from me until after 30 days past due, but I also am not worried about a day here or there over as I understand we all have other bills,etc in life. Many customers have been using this system for years and I try to keep things simple and easygoing for all. That being said here are some other details...
The initial checkout is your deposit and a nonrefundable fee if layaway goes into default. It acts as a restocking fee as the layaway item is held for the customer The deposit helps ensure that a knife removed from availability to others for 120
days. Loss of deposit occurs after 45 days with no payment, or without notice or delay request, and payment responsibility is on the buyer. There will be no notice that 30 days has elapsed without a payment. Substitutions or switching knives
is not allowed and please don't ask ( again no one else can buy your knife because I have put it aside just for you). This is a small business and holding unpaid inventory (unavailable for purchase by anyone) is a significant expense, please respect that. I want everyone to get the knives they want, and losing a deposit is not what I want to see anyone have happen.
BECAUSE THE KNIVES ARE HELD FOR AN EXTENDED TIME ALL LAYAWAY SALES ARE FINAL
OTHER GOOD DETAILS TO READ
Follow up payments can be made the same way as initial payment. Follow up payments are expected every 30 days or less from previous payment and can be made anytime. FOR EXAMPLE: If you have a final payment of $27 you can check out two (2) $1 "layaway" and five (5) $5 "layaway" in a cart at the same time.
$12 is standard shipping for a knife less than $250...and should be added to the knife total. Route insurance protection is recommended for knives over $350 and can be added to the end.
When initial down payment is received I remove that knife from inventory (it may or may not be the only one I have) and physically place the knife aside for you with your name on it.
Please keep payments to $25 minimum unless it is the final payment
Your route insurance cost will be invoiced to you for item
Knife is mailed out after final payment has processed
Layaway knives are held for months at a time for a customer and are excluded from exchange or return- all sales are final
Odd amounts at final payment can be done using different "layaway" or "sticker" amounts.
Layaway terms and conditions are subject to change.
Last payment should have correct address added in the comment section...
ALL LAYAWAY PURCHASES WILL REQUIRE ROUTE PROTECTION SHIPPING INSURANCE. You will be billed by email invoice at close of layaway for this. We make no money on the service. Your layaway item will not ship till this is paid.
LASTLY- Enjoy your knife!!!
Remember -You have 120 DAYS days to then pay off your new knife BUT you must make monthly payments. If you need other terms, just call and we can make it happen. Lack of payments (every 30 days) will result in loss of deposit.
**** CLICK HERE TO GO TO "LAYAWAY" PRODUCTS YOU CAN CART TO GET STARTED: